With this piece, I’m in my element. I love to make collages, it’s my kind of thing. It all starts by searching for the right pictures. I look for them in magazines, mostly pictures of nature or animals and I’m also searching for the right color; do all the pics fit together.
When I’m done I arrange them in my art journal, glue them with a glue stick and start painting with my fingers to blend them all together. For the background, I usually look for a suitable stencil. For this collage I used Shawns window 2 stencil and paint pour stencil; they fit really nice. Lately, I’m in love with Distress Ink to use in the background of my collages on top of the acrylics, they are so colorful and versatile. I’ll show you in the video. Enjoy!
- Stencil Shawn Petite ‘window 2’
- Stencil Shawn Petite ‘paint pour’
- Americana acrylics (bittersweet chocolate, blue mist)
- Artiste acrylics (night blue, periwinkle, sea spray, forest green, guava, golden sun
- Marabu Acryl-Effect paste gold
- Distress crayon ( walnut stain, mustard seed, barn door, hickory smoke
- Distress ink (chipped sapphire, mowed lawn, candied apple
You can see more from Andina here:
Be inspired, create and know that you are loved!