Seasons are such a huge part of life, aren’t they? They can be easy, difficult, and sometimes leave you longing for spring. While we didn’t have piles of snow here in south Texas, we had only a few days of sunshine in January and February, and I am so ready for spring! I began this page with Shawn’s Magnolias stencil as an homage to my longing for spring flowers, and it turned into a personal message to myself about being strong through the difficult seasons of life.
I used four of Shawn’s stencils while creating layers with dictionary paper, pattern tissue, gesso, paint, and stabilo pencils. To contrast the delicate flowers, I added some graffiti/grunge with acrylic spray, lots of splatters, and home made wash tape.
Seasons change. Be strong and use time in your art journal to get through those difficult ones.
List Products Used:
- Dina Wakley Media Journal
- Dictionary Pages & Pattern Tissue
- Matte & Gel Medium
- Gesso (clear & white)
- Stabilo All Pencils (graphite & black)
- Paint Brushes, Palette Knife, Foam Applicator
- Plain Washi Tape (Dina Wakley Media)
- Tissue Quotes (Dina Wakley Media)
- Golden Acrylic Paint (Quinacridone Violet, Quinacridone Magenta, Green Gold, Sap Green Hue, Burnt Umber Light, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold)
- Marabu Art Spray (black)
- Shawn Petite Stencils:
- Messy Flower Silhouette
- Scribble Marks 2
- Numbers 2
You can see more from Nicole here:
Be inspired, create and know that you are loved!
==there are affiliate links in this post