I’ve always loved viewing pictures of old vintage windows with big beautiful flower boxes. The ones you see on old buildings or homes in small villages and towns. Painting one is something I’ve always planned to do, but never have. So when I was asked to be on Shawn Petite’s Creative Team and I saw her Windows 2 stencil; I knew I was going to create something beautiful with it. I was drawn to this stencil immediately and I envisioned exactly what I painted. I knew this would be my first Creative Team art piece. When you look at this finished piece, you feel the calm and the quiet it portrays. It takes you to a place where you wonder about the building this window is built into. You escape to the small village where it stands, daydreaming of what it sees though the window pane.
- Shawn Petite “Windows 2” stencil
- Mod Podge – Matte
- 6×6 Deep Edge Artist Loft Canvas – purchased at Michael’s
- Paper I made with my Gelli Plate
- Various size paint brushes (use what you have)
- Stazon Jet Black Solvent Ink
- La Blanche Foam Stamp purchased at Michaels
- Golden Fluid Acrylics: Teal, Paynes Gray, Titanium White, Green Gold, Chromium Oxide Green, Fluorescent Pink, Titan Buff
- Liquitex Basics Acrylics: Brilliant Yellow Green, Cadmium Red Deep Hue, Primary Red, Quinacridone Magenta, Lite Portrait Pink, Brilliant Yellow Green, Cadmium Red Deep Hue, Primary Red, Quinacridone Magenta
- Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens, Ivory, Sky Blue, Indanthrene Blue
- Faber Castell PITT Artist Big Brush Pens: Nougat, Warm Grey V, Cold Grey III, Chromium Green Opaque, Deep Scarlet Red
- Pilot G-2 Black Ball Point Pen
- Kaisercraft Butterfly and bird Rub ons from my scrapbooking stash (optional)
Be inspired, create and know that you are loved!
Shawn Petite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.