I was needing to feel a bit carefree, playful and to let go.
So this is what came out this week.
I don’t know about you but I feel like I’ve been carrying a heaviness for about a year and a half now. There have been so many things going on in the world.
And I really need to take off the backpack of heavy things and lay it down for a bit. To feel some lightness in and around me.
And the only way I can do that is to be super deliberate about it.
So I just played today. I used all the things. Reached for a few things I haven’t used in a while and had so many supplies out on my table it was a bit out of control. BUT that was the whole point.
I made collage papers, put polka dots everywhere and even broke out the oil pastels.
To be honest, I’m not exactly sure how it looks being carefree and playful after a very stressful year… but I’m determined to find it!
I share more about it in the video. Have fun watching!
- 11×14 mdf board
- Utrecht gesso
- Catalyst tool and 2″ silicone brush
- collage paper
- Liquitex acrylic spray paint (titanium white, carbon black)
- Arteza acrylic markers
- White Sharpie water based marker
- Golden high flow
- Lukas acrylic (teal, olive green, raw umber)
- Liquitex soft body acrylic (quin blue violet, quin magenta, prussian blue)
- Blick matte acrylic (green blue deep, warm gray, red light)
- Deco art americana acrylic (dried clay, thicket, matcha green)
- Arteza acrylic (rose pink)
- A variety of soft pastels (gallery, soho soft pastel, myngyo)
- Oil pastels (sennelier)
- Neo color 2 art crayon
- Stabilo woody
- Fineline applicator
- Faber-Castell pitt pen fine
- Stabilo marks all pencil
- Generals charcoal pencil
Schedule of sale for Birthday week