Close up of mixed media journal page

Blooming in the difficult places mixed media journal page 9-5-21

September 5, 2021 | 14 comments

Bloom in the unexpected places

I wasn’t going to do a video this Sunday because of the flood, and most of my equipment is hard to get to.

I’m set up in my dining room with just a few things…. It reminds me of when I started creating.

There are so many lessons, reminders, and moments that are happening in the midst of all the chaos.

There’s also exhaustion from cleaning out and rebuilding… but I feel deep down in my soul that there is lots of inspiration coming from this. I’ve already started making notes of the things that are stirring inside me.

This journal page is one of those inspirations… I needed a break from all the things and kept thinking about the wildflower that I talked about in my video, when we discovered the water and how heartbroken I was.

And yet that little wildflower that showed up at just the right moment gave me a reason to smile.

And then all the beautiful emails, comments, and notes from everyone just gave me more reasons to be grateful.

This is a simple video, and yet so meaningful to me. I hope you enjoy it! You are loved!!

Stencils used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK

1. Bold Numbers
  2. Flower Silhouette 3
  3. Modern Pattern Minis 1

Collage paks used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK

1. Handwriting with Background 1–instant download and printed version
  2. Things with Wings–instant download and printed version

Hopefully next week I’ll have a better set up, but if not…. I’ll still create from my heart. I hope your week is filled with peace and THANK YOU all for the notes of encouragement this week!!

14 Comments

1. Evelyne Wasselin

I do love this art journal pages, this way of painting, the colours etc…
    Thank you for giving us this time of creating.
    Love
    Evelyne

• Shawn

Evelyne,
      Thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed it!

2. PJ Dietsche

So glad that little flower showed up again!!! Beautiful! Life goes on… 🙂

• Shawn

PJ,
      I’m glad my little flower showed up too! Have a great week!

3. Charlotte Grossarth

Thank you Shawn…thank you for YOU!
    You create the beauty in my days. Sometimes inmy days there are clouds…hard to see the beauty but you come thru on Sundays and other times in my life you lift the clouds ….with your words and your beautiful art.
    Thank you…to you YOU ARE LOVED!
    Charlotte Grossarth

• Shawn

Charlotte,
      Thanks so much! I’m so glad that I can be an ecouragement. Your words have encourage me today! Hugs and I hope you see some sunshine this week instead of clouds! Hugs

4. Lynne

Hello , just wonder I have been a loyal customer!!
    What happened you took a the 10 percent. And you could not even have answered me.? Why?
    Just curious

• Shawn

Lynne, I have no idea what your talking about. Could you please email me at shawnpetiteinc@gmail to explain. Thank you.

5. Cecile

This was lovely! Thank you!

• Shawn

Thanks so much Cecile! have a great week!

6. Sandra Gill

Hi Shaw : ) Love-love-love this journal layout – it’s just beautiful !!!!! Just placed my order for your stencils and thank you for your generosity and love : ) Blessings, Sandra : )

• Shawn

Sandra,
      Thanks so much!! I hope you enjoy the stencils and your creativity is inspired!! Have a great week! Hugs

7. Lorie Higgins

Watching you create is the highlight of my week. You create a very comfortable, safe space. Thanks!

• Shawn

Lorie, Thanks so much, It’s always my desire to create that safe place to just be ourselves, the good the bad the uncomfortable. Thanks for being here!

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About Shawn

I’m so glad you’re here! How Can I inspire You ?

My hope is that this can be your home to rest, breathe, get inspired and create a beautiful life with beautiful art. Take a look around this blog!

Feathered Friends Course Graphic

Mixed Media Insider Membership

Looking for more inspiration? It’s time to invest in YOU and take your art to a new level!

• Monthly projects
  • Art challenges
  • Monthly techniques
  • Projects with live Q&A

Get the details and sign up

Joy Delivered To Your Inbox!

Our creative art resources are full of joy and inspiration! By joining our mailing list you get access to our free, subscriber-only resource library and more! Join today to get 20% off your first order!