I was 100% inspired by last week’s journal page.
It was a raw expression of my insides and as I began to explore that more in my prayer and journal time, everything just poured out of me.
I wrote and wrote and felt this unbelievable release … and inspiration.
I knew I wanted to paint a series of “Tender and Strong” with each piece representing a specific place of growth and courage.
What a blessing it is to have a place where I can process all the things…… sitting right in front of me, in bright colors of paint, my journal, my canvas.
I came to my table and let it pour out and will continue to let it pour out until it’s done.
In the same way that I pour out my emotions, gratitude and tenderness in my prayers and journaling, I can do that with my supplies.
I can allow this space that I’m in to be useful and serve me and others, I can be open to mercy and grace and I can allow this time to bring me to a place of gratitude.
I pray that for you too! That however you’re feeling that you let it serve you in your creative journey, that you realize what a gift you have in your paint brush.
That tender and strong and raw and real, the tough and the gentle …can be just what you need to inspire you. Let it flow.
I share more in the video hope you enjoy it! YOU are loved!
The original is available HERE.
- 16 x 20 wood panel
- Utrecht gesso
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and gel
- Collage papers from the stash
- tissue paper and rice paper
- Golden heavy body acrylic – burnt sienna, quin magenta, permanent violet
- Grumbacher acrylic heavy body – pale pink, alizarin crimson
- Winsor and Newton acrylic – permanent magenta, opera rose, pale terracotta
- Liquitex heavy body – bronze yellow
- black acrylic liquitex basics
- Sennelier heavy body acrylic – bright yellow green
- Golden – High flow acrylic – green gold
- Blick matte acrylic – beige
- Lukas cryl acrylic – light gray
- Liquitex acrylic ink – transparent raw umber
- Stabilo all pencil, Generals charcoal pencil, black soft pastel
Two ways to spark your creativity!!
My newest workshop is now available and you can get it for the early bird pricing for the next week.
This is such a gentle and soothing approach to abstract landscapes. We’ll do four projects and a warm up journal page.
We explore new ways to use our supplies and think outside the box as we put everything together.
And we create from our memories and stories of the seasons of our lives.
Come on over to check it out
This is one of the biggest offerings of art workshops, with every kind of mediums, from watercolor, art journaling, mixed media, gel printing, stenciling, and oh so much more.
I’ve been with the art bundle for good for 3 years now and it just keeps getting better. This year I’m offering all 5 of my Mixed Media Kickstart workshops.