So three weeks ago… I created a simple journal page that came from my prayer time and journaling……and in the process, something happened…..
I broke through… the wall of depression, frustration, self-doubt, and a weight that I had been carrying… for months.
And through this process, I’ve created a series to pour out all those things into my work.
I’ve not been able to express the weight of the last two years and all the parts of running a business in a pandemic… and then enduring loss… and then more loss through flood water…. it all felt like too much… I was ready to give up… and my people… those who knew I couldn’t do anymore… spoke strength and courage into my being…. (YOU need to get you some of those people!)
But I kept going (with help)…I limped along. But I kept going…This piece is titled determined…. and scribbled on the piece it says… I’m determined to find my way back, to bloom again….
I share all about what determined can look like, it can look like rest, or asking for help or talking to a therapist… we all do determined differently…. a little at a time, and we keep going.
I hope you’re inspired and encouraged by the video. … YOU are loved!
- 12×12 wood panel
- Liquitex matte medium and matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Liquitex spray paint in neutral gray
- Windsor & Newton Galeria acrylic in pale terracotta, hooker’s green
- Grumbacher Academy acrylic in alizarin crimson, pale pink
- Liquitex heavy body acrylic in green gold
- Golden acrylic in quinacridone magenta, burnt sienna, sap green hue
- Liquitex acrylic ink in transparent raw umber
- General’s charcoal pencil and Stablio all pencil
- Small paintbrush
- Palette knife
- collage paper and rice paper
Just want to let you know that today is the last day for the early bird pricing for my newest workshop. Hope to see you in class! You can get all the details and sign up HERE