I laid down my background super fast with scraps laying on my table and they couldn’t have been more perfect. They were so perfect that I didn’t cover them up.
The stencils that I grabbed…. were again perfect!
I got lost in the process of this lovely lady’s face…. it felt like I’d lost track of time… my mind was going over so many things… one thing in particular. The word strong.
Strong can look so different to each of us.
Strong can be taking care of an aging parent when no one knows how much time you are there.
Strong can be being vulnerable and sharing how you’re feeling.
Strong can be taking time to take care of yourself.
Strong can be seeing a therapist.
Strong can be working 16 hours a day to hold a dream and business together.
Strong can be taking time to create.
All of these requir us to show up…. messy, raw, in our pajamas, grumpy… real. We show up and that’s the strongest thing we can do. Show up for us, for our lives. Strong looks sooo very different to everyone… but we show up.
I share more about it in the video and I hope that you find strength in this project.
You are loved!
- Handmade journal
- Utrecht gesso
- Liquitex matte gel
- Pebeo mat pub acrylic (ruby magenta, beige, raw umber)
- Lukas cryl acrylic olive green
- Blick matte acrylic blue red light
- Winsor & Newton (raw umber, pale terracotta, paynes gray, pale pink, opera rose)
- Grumbacher Academy acrylic alizarin crimson
- Soho urban artist acrylic magenta
- Golden acrylic prussian blue and burnt sienna
- Brushes – angle, filbert round
- Generals charcoal pencil in white and black, Stabilo all pencil
- Soft pastels
- Scraps of collage paper
- Liquitex black spray paint