I wanted a real abstract feeling of the trees with lots of graphic elements and sketchy lines.
But it turned into the song that I was singing as I created.
It was so quiet in my studio… and the Christmas music was playing and “Oh Holy Night” came on. It was so soul-stirring…. that I played it over and over and it became this time of worship in my journal. A prayer of gratitude and a time of peaceful reflection.
Sometimes we just have to let go of what we think we should create and let it happen. And I’m glad I did.
This season I hope however you celebrate that you allow yourself time….. time to have quiet and peaceful reflections of all the things to be grateful for.
I’ll share more about it in the video – Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
- My handmade journal
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Nova color texture paste
- Arteza acrylic colors cold gray
- Utrecht gesso
- Golden acrylic sap green
- Winsor & Newton acrylic raw umber and paynes gray
- Lukas cryl acrylic raw umber
- Fine line applicator – with titanium white acrylic and airbrush medium mix
- Golden acrylic burnt sienna
- Generals charcoal pencil, black soft pastel
- Angle brush and fan brush
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and Blick at no cost to you.