The ground beneath my feet started when I read another one of Morgan Harper Nichols’ writings.
You know that moment when you read something and it stops you… moves you… and you have to re-read it a couple of times? That’s what happened this week and right away I could see this piece in my head.
This is a portion of the quote that stopped me in my tracks: “The ground may not feel steady….But even here, may you never take for granted even the smallest glimpse of steadiness. May you continue to have gratitude for the smallest signs of progress.”
There’s so much more to the quote that I’ll share in the video.
But I could see the earth, crackled, rough, unsteady, and what it represents in my life; and yet still solid. All the layers of the earth and how they form over time.
And that some days when everything feels unsteady…. searching and finding gratitude can change everything.
I hope you enjoy the project and it inspires you! Always know that you are loved!
This original is available here.
- 11×14 mdf board
- Liquitex matte gel and fluid matte medium
- Collage papers and magazine pages
- Liquitex acrylic ink – muted gray, transparent raw umber, carbon black, quinacridone magenta, deep turquoise, muted violet, neutral gray
- Blick matte acrylic dark green light
- Soho acrylics – olive green, Naples yellow, burnt sienna, green gold
- Grumbacher acrylic – prussian blue
- Deco art crackle paint
- Golden coarse molding paste
- Liquitex super heavy gesso
- Liquitex black spray paint
- Utrecht gesso
- Fan brush, small round brush, 1/2″ flat brush, palette knife
- Generals charcoal pencil and black soft pastel
Stencils used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
Coming soon! A new workshop
Early bird pricing will begin April 8th!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and Blick at no cost to you.
This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission and we are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.