It stirred me and made me pause. I actually had to take a moment and ask myself does it really? Does beauty defy despair?
I looked up the definition of defy – the meaning – to openly resist or refuse to obey.
And then I looked up despair and the meaning – the loss or absence of hope.
As I thought about my own life, I got to see beauty in my despair that gave me hope. That helped me refuse hopelessness. That beauty came in so many ways and forms. It came as meals brought to my doorstep. It came as a car to use when I’d lost everything. It came as sports equipment given to my kids.
Beauty came as a prayer for healing and so, so many more examples of beauty… that helped me hang on. That cracked the door to hope.
So I do believe that beauty defies despair, If we look for it, if we allow it. I know too, that we may not see the beauty right away… but keep looking, keep seeking some signs of beauty, no matter where you are on your journey. I’ll share more about it in the video.
I hope that this project brings you beauty. YOU are loved.
- 12×12 mdf board
- Liqutex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Winsor & Newton acrylic raw umber
- Grumbacher acrylic prussian blue
- Golden acrylic sap green and paynes gray
- Soho acrylic – Burnt sienna, yellow ochre, red ochre, magenta, green gold, olive green
- Pebeo mat pub in gray
- Koh-I-noor soft pastel pencils
- Generals charcoal pencil ex. soft, black soft pastel
- Catalyst wedge
- Filbert and angle brushes
- Collage paper and collage papers made in THIS VIDEO
Two days left to sign up for the membership!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and Blick at no cost to you.
This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission and we are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.