I created this piece with so much freedom… something I’ve been working on for a while now.
I experimented with all kinds of different mediums and I got lost in the process.
The meaning of this piece is exactly what I’m working through right now. I wrote in my journal a few weeks back a bunch of questions for myself. It went something like this…
“Why do I make things complicated? Sometimes the answer is simple and I over think it. Why do I feel like I have to live by someone else’s definition of me … of me as an artist, as a business owner… as a mother.. as a maker and creative?
What if I were free to simplify things, truly free to have ease in my life. To let go and choose … easy, calm, rested”
Over the last few weeks, in situations where I start to feel overwhelmed… I ask myself… “What if I were free to…..
What if you were free and what if things were more simple than we make them.
I share about this journey and how it came out in this project. I hope it inspires you, and I share more about it in the video.
Have fun watching and know that you are loved!
- 11×14 mdf board
- Liquitex matte gel and fluid matte medium
- Golden airbrush medium
- Utrecht gesso
- Nova color texture paste
- Arteza water colors – tan and burnt sienna
- Soft pastels in blue, gray olive green, dark gray and black
- Wire bristle brush and nylon bristle brush
- Soho acrylic pthalo green blue and olive green
- Golden fluid acrylic quin magenta and permanent violet dark
- Deco art media fluid acrylic raw umber and paynes gray
- Generals charcoal pencil – ex. soft, Stabilo all pencil, Wolff’s Black carbon pencil
- Dough scraper and palette knife
- collage papers