Don’t you love it when you create a piece or page that comes together so easily? That’s what happened with this one.
I’ve been working on some ease and quiet in my creative and normal life and it happened during my time with this one.
It felt like a warm hug and a conversation with an old friend. I love it when that happens!
I also have been in a place of finding my balance, my center …. my true north. Everything has felt so out of whack for such a long time that I think I’ve gotten accustomed to it. And I want to get off the crazy train and feel some peace. Feel rest in my brain and rest in my body.
Finding my true north came up this week as I began to write out a few things and the definition of that phrase is this:
~To find or proceed on the correct course or in the right direction with a reference to your position. Like the north, or a star or compass. To navigate properly in the direction you want to go~
I’ll share more about how I’m finding my way and direction in the video. I hope you enjoy the sweet and peaceful project. YOU are loved.
- 12 x 12 wood panel
- Liquitex fluid matte medium
- Collage paper scraps
- Utrecht gesso
- Soho acrylic (yellow ochre, olive green), Nova color acrylic (paynes gray, mars violet), Pebeo matt pub (gray, ivory, raw umber), Blick matte acrylics
- Soft pastels, Charcoal pencils (ex. soft, medium, hard) White soft pastel pencil, Stabilo all pencil
- Palette knife, dough scraper, variety of brushes
- I also used my printer to enlarge my stenciled image