Each morning for the past few months, I have a cardinal and his partner sit on my fence. They greet me each morning with fluttering and noise and I love it.
This last week, they were up in arms and almost yelling at me each time I went outside…. I realized my bird feeder was empty and that might be the reason.
As I was filling the feeder, I was curious about how the bird seed could be used in my art… or even if it was a serious idea… so I decided to explore a little bit. I’ll take you along the journey this week- from meeting my friends- to birdseed on my table…. and I’ll share in real time how being curious can lead to unexpected inspiration.
I hope you enjoy the video and the project!…. YOU are loved!
- 12×12 mdf wood panel
- Utrecht gesso
- Liquitex gesso with a roller and pan
- Liquitex matte gel
- Acrylic paints: Blick matte black and red deep, Pebeo matte ivory, Nova color mars violet and paynes gray, Liquitex acrylic gouache yellow medium and burnt sienna, Soho yellow ochre and olive green, Winsor and Newton hookers green, Golden raw umber
- Posca pen in black and white medium tip and Generals charcoal pencil ex. soft
- Paul Rubens soft pastels – portrait set and soho soft pastels
- 1/4″ angle brush, small round brush for details
- collage paper, vintage book pages
Stencils used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK