The piece today was inspired by a couple of things….
A quote from one of my favorite authors Morgan Harper Nichols, some new stencils and needing to be graceful and soft with myself.
Morgan says “Our worth is not delicate glass, it is made of hope and grace that lasts. Through the good, the bad, the I’m afraid and I don’t knows, our worth withstands fire, and we come forth as gold.”
I feel like I wrestle with strength and the grace of worthiness … how about you?
The struggle to find balance in the …. I can be strong, a go-getter, soft, grace-filled, and offering myself a safe place to just be.
So I painted that struggle today…. the hard lines and the flowers….. Strength and Grace.
I’ll share more about it in the video and I hope you enjoy the project. YOU are loved!
- 12×12 mdf board
- Liquitex matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Blick matte black acrylic
- Liquitex acrylic gouache ( bright aqua green, quinacridone magenta, prism violet, medium magenta, cad orange, prussian blue, unbleached titanium)
- Daler and Rowney acrylic ink in sepia
- Posca pen, charcoal pencil, black and white soft pastel pencils, regular soft pastels
- small round brush, palette knife and scraper
- collage papers