As I continue on my journey today in finding inspiration and this series, I’m thinking about planting.
How once we prepare the soil and plant the seeds…. what has to happen in order for that seed to grow, to emerge from the ground.
We don’t just plant then walk away… we have to water, add nutrients and keep the environment safe.
We wait and we watch over this little seed with expectation.
What if we thought about our inspiration the same way? We have to plant the seeds of inspiration, there’s action required, not just wishing. We water, create the right atmosphere and then we show up with expectation.
What if we worked as hard to root our inspiration as we would to care for our plant, or family, or job?
Come join me as I take you on my journey today and I hope you enjoy these two projects and get some inspiration for yourself.
YOU are loved!
The original of “The Planting” is available HERE.
The original of “Emerging” is available HERE.
- 14 x14 canvas
- Liquitex fluid matte medium, matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Nova color black gesso
- Nova color paynes gray
- Golden high flow (sap green, shading gray, sepia, transparent oxide, nichel azo gold, titanium white)
- Liquitex acrylic ink (muted gray, muted violet, gold)
- Golden titan buff
- Pan pastels in a variety of colors
- Soft pastel pencils, charcoal pencil
- Palette knife and a variety of brushes