As I was putting this page together with the quilt pattern, made of old envelopes and postcards, I began to think about the stories of our lives.
How the old quilts that I have hold such beautiful memories from grandmothers and great-grandmoms. And my own stories that I’ve made as I’ve put my own quilts together.
Our stories, yours and mine, stitch us together, they make us who we are. We don’t always get to choose the stories we live from our past but, we definitely get to write the stories of our future.
And when we are safely vulnerable with our stories with those people we choose, it binds us together.
I had so many analogies for today’s journal page and I’ll share all about it in the video.
I hope you enjoy another page inspired from my Art of Anthropologie book.
You are loved!
- Handmade journal
- Lots of vintage envelopes and post cards
- Liquitex matte gel, white gesso, black gesso
- Matisse fluid acrylic paynes gray
- Liquitex acrylic gouache – burnt sienna
- Daler & Rowney acrylic ink – sepia
- Soft pastel pencils
- Generals charcoal pencil
- Soft pastel sticks
- Pattern tracer
- Scissors and exacto knife