Over the last few months, I’ve been using my fun books to create from. To gather ideas and inspiration. So today I’m taking the things that I’ve loved and learned and bringing them together into something that I would call “my style”.
One of the reasons I use things like the books I’ve been using is to get me out of my comfort zone, learn a few new things, and to confirm what I love.
There are constant things that I’ve done over the last few months that continue to show up in my work. And I’m going to share that in the video. How all of this experimenting is showing me my style, what I love, and how I like most to create.
It all serves a purpose for growing your artistic muscles. I hope you enjoy the projects and can see some of what I’m talking about in your own work.
Oh, and YOU are loved!
- 12×16 canvas
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Liquitex gesso – black and white
- Liquitex acylic gouache – quin magenta, burnt sienna
- Nova color acrylic – quin violet, paynes gray, fluorescent magenta
- Lukas acrylic – teal
- Golden fluid acrylic – titan buff
- Grumbacher acrylic – raw umber
- Soft pastel pencils and Generals charcoal pencil (ex. soft)
- Soft pastel sticks
- Dough scraper to smooth out papers
- Collage paper
Stencils used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK