This week, I’m working from my own painting that I created from my inspiration book – The Art Of Anthropologie book.
We have been on a journey together over the last few months of trying new things.
This is how I learn, stretch myself, and confirm what I love and don’t love.
Usually, I do this behind the scenes, but I thought it would be great to show you the process so that you know I don’t have an endless supply of ideas. That I run out of inspiration too…. but this is what I do to find my way.
This is what I do to build new skills. To bring in what I love to new ways of creating.
I took the blue and the green from my piece that I discovered I loved and brought them together with MORE things that I love!
It’s always one giant experiment and a new season to learn.
I’ll share more about it in the video, I hope you enjoy the project and always know that you are loved.
- 11×14 wood panel
- Liquitex matte gel
- Liquitex gesso black and white
- Liquitex gouache burnt sienna
- Golden acrylic titan buff
- Grumbacher acrylic raw umber
- Amsterdam olive green light (or green gold)
- Posca pens and Sharpie waterbased pens in black and white
- Vintage collage papers
- Pencil and black soft pastel
- Sanding block to rough up the piece