This project today made my soul sing. I want to do a whole series of these!
This was a coming together of ideas, experiments and play dedicated to giving me more joy and ideas in my work. And the freedom of finding my unique voice.
I’ve been trying over the last 4 months to take you on my own journey of heartache, healing, finding my way back, and freedom to choose how I want to show up for my art and my life.
Little by little I see a clearer picture, but that wouldn’t happen if I didn’t CHOOSE to do something, anything, and few brush strokes and a mess and getting ideas from what inspired me and my lively books.
It all serves a purpose.
And today is all about the freedom to choose to get back up, get back to painting. Freedom to stop the negative voices, freedom to make yucky art.
We are the artists of our lives. What will you choose today?
I share all about my thoughts and ideas in the video. I hope you enjoy the project and always know that YOU are loved!
- 16×20 Canvas
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Tissue paper
- Liquitex gesso – black and white
- Utrecht gesso for more texture
- Liquitex basics acrylic unbleached titanium
- Liquitex acrylic gouache – bright aqua, burnt sienna, prism violet, quin magenta
- Nova color paynes gray acrylic
- Daler and Rowney acrylic ink in sepia
- Fine line applicator with paint and airbrush medium mixture
- Soft pastel stick
- Generals charcoal pencil
- Large 2″ scratch brush
- Small detailed brush for the butterflies
- Palette knife or scraper
- Butterflies with masks – THIS WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
- Collage Fodder Circles Large mask – THIS WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
- Let It Fly 2 with masks – THIS WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
- Letting Go mask – THIS WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
New Stencils Used: