It feels like I was set free in this wonderful little project, or projects I should say.
My book of courage and curiosity was just that–an act of pure experiments.
I was inspired by Roxanne Evans Stout’s book Dancing on Raindrops. Each page in her book is a yummy experiment of shape, texture and paper.
So I decided to create with the purpose of doing things differently. This is all part of my months-long journey into curiosity, which is my word for the year.
My journey of stepping outside of my comfort zone to find new ideas, new ways to create and a new part of me. A freer version of me.
I’m still a work in progress and always will be. So will my art, but I’m loving this journey.
This week I start the first page in my book with you, and then I will put the rest of the pages and the cover lessons in the membership. This Sunday video is detailed, with lots of discoveries and techniques that you can use in your own book. Then you can watch all the rest of the videos for free. They’re all waiting for you.
You can sign up for the free preview and get all of the lessons. They’ll only be available this week so don’t wait if you want to see them all. You can also have a look around in the membership and maybe, just maybe, you might want to join a wonderful supportive community of creatives that have a heart for creating just like you.
I hope you enjoy the project and I hope to see you in the membership.
Always remember you are so loved!
- 8.5 x 11 handmade journal
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Liquitex gesso – black and white
- Pan pastels
- Fine line applicator – with acrylic paint and airbrush medium
- Golden high flow acrylic shading gray and sepia
- Grumbacher acrylic raw umber
- Liquitex acrylic gouache burnt sienna
- Soho acrylic yellow ochre
- Soft pastel sticks
- Generals charcoal pencil, Stabilo all pencil, soft pastel pencil
- Tissue paper, copy paper, coffee filter, fabric scrap
- Paper towels
- Collage papers–they will be available in the resource library and in the lessons in the membership