I LOVE my Gelli Plate. I first found it years ago and I use it all the time. Its such an amazing way to create your own, unique papers and patterns to use on all sorts of projects. If you don’t have a Gelli Plate I would say to get one. It is so fun and so amazing for all artists, especially mixed media artist.
In this week’s creative video, I demonstrate how to make prints and patterns by using acrylic paint and Shawn Petite’s stencils. Shawn’s stencils are perfect for the gelli printing and you will see how easily you can use them with your Gelli Plate. It’s all about playing with it and just experimenting. If you make a print that you don’t like, then you can just do another print over it and it will change and change until you are happy with what you see.
You are probably wondering well “OK, what do you do with all these prints when I’m done?”. My answer is to use them in your art as collage elements, paper piercing, backgrounds, cards, and scrapbooking. You can also scan them and have them printed on products, use them as computer wallpaper, and so much more.
I hope you enjoy my video and if you have a Gelli Plate, go get it and start having fun by creating awesome prints.
- Shawn Petite Stencils:
- Gelli Plate (you can buy them in all shapes and sizes)
- Recycled copy/printer paper (you can also use coffee filters, paper towels, canvas, deli paper, tissue paper, wood, and just about anything)
- Acrylic paints (use any colors and paint brands. I used Liquitex, but any craft paint will work perfectly)
- A Brayer
- An Art Journal
- You can use the journal for cleaning off your brayer in between prints. You can see me doing this on the video. By doing this you now have backgrounds on the journal pages for future pages.
- If you don’t like using the Journal then just have a piece of paper to clean off your brayer.
ETSY SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SherryDiPaoloArt?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
Be inspired, create, and know that you are loved!
Shawn Petite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com