I always create my cover last… for a couple of reasons.
1. I’m a messy creator so if I did the cover first it would be a mess by the time I got to the end.
2. I want the cover to reflect the contents and my journal as I filled it.
I started this journal the second week of January 2021 with my word for the year. And as I did the flip through and was dating my pages, I got so emotional.
Each time I came to a new page I was taken back to that time, what I was feeling and where I was at personally. That’s why I think journaling is so very important.
It documents our life, it reminds me of all the things, good and bad.
It helps me to see what I’ve accomplished and overcome. I feel a sense of pride (for lack of a better word) that I survived another year of life.
Some days were graceful and some were a mess. But here I am… still standing, still showing up.
And that is the quote on the cover. ~Resilient Hope~
I share all about my journey in these pages as we do a flip through of the year and what I discovered, what I need to work on, and a little inspiration for my word for 2022.
I hope you enjoy the process! Have fun and know that you are loved!
- Bristol paper cut to the size of my journal with a little bit of and edge to extend past my pages
- Liquitex matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Liquitex black spray paint
- Amsterdam black acrylic paint
- Liquitex acrylic ink in raw umber
- Lukas acrylic raw umber
- Blick studio acrylic bright aqua
- Arteza acrylic medium gray
- Liquitex super heavy gesso
- Book binders tape
- Collage papers
- Stabilo all pencil
- Palette knife and brayer
- Hole punch and reinforment holes
- Archival black ink stamp pad and make up brush to brush on
- Vintage number stamp