This week I knew what I wanted to say in my work, unlike last week when I wasn’t sure what to create. I knew right away when I wrote the words down in my journal.
I had such a beautiful time creating these wonderful souls and all the layers within them. I worked hard to make sure they were all different and yet together.
The last few weeks I’ve spent a lot of time writing (and praying) about how I feel like we (as humans) have lost the ability to have a discussion. How to disagree with grace.
I think we’re all hurting in some form or fashion and when we are hurting, compassion for others doesn’t come so easily.
The beauty of all of us collectively living on this planet is our differences. We don’t have to agree, and we shouldn’t. But having empathy for another is a true gift and takes work.
I’ll share more about it in the video and I hope you enjoy the project. YOU are loved!
- 12×12 mdf board
- Liquitex matte gel
- Liquitex spray paint black
- Utrecht gesso
- Sharpie water-based marker black and white
- Soho acrylic paint – pthalo green blue, rose madder, black, green gold
- Liquitex basic acrylic in prism violet
- Pebeo mat pub bright orange
- Golden acrylic Burnt sienna
- Grumbacher alizarin crimson hue
- Liquitex acrylic ink muted violet
- Arteza acrylic mustard yellow
- Blick acrylic bright aqua green
- Black and white soft pastel, Generals charcoal pencil
Stencils used: THESE WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and Blick at no cost to you.
This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission and we are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.