It’s always interesting to me how I get ideas for my art. This week, I was feeling super stressed and feeling anxiety rising within me. I took a couple of deep breaths and journaled out what was going on.
I asked myself …. what if I chose to see today as a new beginning? I could see in my mind the sun just beginning to rise and pushing away the darkness…. it felt like magic. And then suddenly I could see this piece coming together.
I’ll share a couple of fun new tips and make some delicious collage papers.
I just feel so much joy when I look at this piece and will share more about my journey to creating this in the video.
I hope you enjoy the project and always know that YOU are loved!
- 16×16 birch wood panel
- Liquitex fluid matte medium, matte gel
- Utrecht gesso
- Blick matte black acrylic
- Nova color mars violet
- Soho acrylic – green gold, sap green, terra verte, phathlo blue green, manganese blue, red ochre
- Winsor and Newton acrylic winsor blue
- Golden acrylic – prussian blue, raw umber
- Pebeo matt pub acrylic – ivory
- Liquitex basic acrylic – quinacridone magenta, prism violet
- Koh-i-noor soft pastel pencils – Variety of soft pastel sticks
- Posca pen in white, charcoal pencil
- Brayer, palette knife, ballpoint pen, scraper, and a variety of brushes