I love how there are so many examples of florals mixed with pattern, so I decided to try it. I even created 3 new stencils just for this project!
I also was utterly moved and got my focus and meaning for my journal page from a quote by one of the artists in the magazine.
Artist Anna Maria Horner said “A palette is as emotional as we are, and it’s therefore a device to make a person feel something. In that way, I think of color as a language.”
Color IS my language and I love how so many colors represent different emotions. I encourage you, even in the tough times, to find your color…. I’ll tell you all about it in the video.
I hope you enjoy the project. Always remember, YOU are loved!
- My handmade journal
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Liquitex gesso – white and black
- Acrylic paint – Nova color cerulean blue, Golden Titan mars pale, Soho magenta, Amsterdam olive green light, Liquitex basics bright aqua, Liquitex acrylic gouache quin magenta
- Soft pastel pencils, Generals charcoal pencil, black soft pastel stick
- Posca pen and waterbased white Sharpie