On this Christmas eve, I wanted to take some time to remember what’s important.
So many things get overlooked during the holiday season. And no matter how you celebrate, it’s always a good idea to pause for a moment and remember what’s important.
For me family, friends, faith, and gratitude come to mind. We get together with those we love and sometimes it can be hard, families can be complicated and we can be dealing with hurt or loss. And friends who have walked with you on your journey for a long time or a short time. But we’ve shared life with both. They know so much of our story and we know theirs.
Faith for me is the grounding… in all of it. the rock on which I stand. Faith is different for everyone but it’s what gives us strength. I’m not talking the church building or the practices. I’m talking the Divine. The thing we can’t touch or feel.
I did my best in this journal page to remember all those things and to capture my feelings for each. I’ll share more about it in the video. I hope you enjoy the project and how ever you celebrate… Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Always know that you are loved!
- Handmade journal
- Liquitex fluid matte medium and matte gel
- Liquitex gesso black and white
- Grumbacher raw umber
- Golden fluid acrylic – paynes gray
- Liquitex acrylic ink – deep violet, gold, titanium white
- Soft pastel pencil and Generals charcoal pencil, soft pastel sticks
- Credit cards cut up
- Fine line applicator 18G (mixture of airbrush medium and titanium white acrylic paint)