Today’s project is about letting go of fear. I showed up to create this feeling unsure and inadequate.
Last week I shared when I was doing my journal flip through that I hadn’t created florals in a while and that I needed some practice. I know what and how I want to create but can’t quite make it happen.
So I just stopped doing them. I moved on to other things that were interesting to me and bringing me joy. Which is good.
But as I head into the new year and with my new word…. Adventure… I decided to tackle my fear and take just one step.
I’ll share more about the journey to this piece in the video. This piece was a lot of fun and I’m headed in the right direction.
Enjoy the project and always know that you are loved!
- 12×12 wood panel
- Liquitex matte medium – matte gel
- Liquitex gesso black and white
- Collage paper
- Acrylic paint – prism violet, burnt sienna, cerulean blue, cad orange, flourecent pink, raw umber, unbleached titanium, green gold, cad yellow, teal, olive green, quin magenta
- Soft pastel sticks
- Charcoal pencil, Stabilo all pencil, soft pastel pencil
- Palette knife, small brayer, dough scraper