What started as Valentine’s for my grandkids and family, turned into a journey of exploration.
You see anytime that we show up and play something happens.
I was creating a background for my valentines and I loved it so much that I could see it being part of something else.
I wasn’t sure what that would be, but just had to play and see what would happen. I wasn’t planning on a finished piece and when I had the camera on, I thought, this is going to be nothing, and not sure what I will say in the video, BUT… it began to transform before my eyes.
I scraped, scratched, stenciled, and at one point I was tearing off the layers. I just kept asking myself “What would happen if I did this?”
I’ll share how I made my valentines and the floral in today’s video. And of course more about the journey through this. Enjoy the projects. And always know that you are loved!
- 160lb mixed media paper
- Liquitex gesso – black and white
- Utrecht professional gesso white
- Pan pastels, soft pastels sticks
- Acrylic paint – cobalt teal, dark teal, green gold, cad yellow, cad orange, quin magenta, unbleached titanium, titan buff
- Daler and Rowney acrylic ink sephia
- Polychromos colored pencils
- Stabilo woody pencils
- General charcoal pencil
- Palette knife, credit card